Wouldn’t it be nice to not have to be the one to make the first move? Yes, women generally expect a man to make the first move, but it’s a bit different online. Women search for men online just as much as you search for them. If a woman comes across an online dating profile of a man she finds interesting, she’s probably going to introduce herself. Getting a woman to contact you first will save you a heck of a lot of trouble and time. It’s not easy to get a woman’s attention in a first email. She has dozens of other men emailing her. So in order to actually meet someone if your profile doesn’t catch the eyes of women when they search for men, you’ll have to put in a lot of time and effort.
We like to make things easier for ourselves online. We try to shorten the length of time it takes to go from signing up for a site to setting up a date. Creating a great profile certainly helps. In this section of our online dating guide, we’re going to give you specific online dating profile examples that we used. Don’t copy and paste them to your profile. Use them as a reference for how to create your own. But before we show you some online dating profile samples, we have some dating profile advice you must learn first.
5 Online Dating Profile Tips Every Successful Online Dater Knows
It’s time to separate the men from the boys and get down to business. There are certain qualities of EVERY successful profile that you MUST learn. Even if you can create a catchy email that gets her attention, if your profile sucks, she probably won’t response. Your profile says who you are, what you’re all about, and what you’re looking for. It’s your public forum to tell women why it is you are worthy of their time and attention. These 5 tips are followed by every guy that has success meeting women online.
- Research the site before creating your profile – We’ve written extensive reviews of the top online dating sites. However, you should get to know the site well enough to fully understand what should be included in the profile. Every site’s profile sections are different.
- Craft a story – Imagine you are writing a short play about your life. What would happen, who would show up. Make your profile read through. Most people ramble on a few disjointed points and it makes for a terrible reading experience.
- Catch her attention right away – Check out the headline examples below. They’re catchy, smooth, and creative. The goal is to grab her attention immediately in the profile headline so she’s enticed to check out your profile.
- Make it funny – One of the most desired traits in men is a sense of humor. If your profile is cookie-cutter BS with no humor, why would she be interested in contacting you? To her, you’ll seem boring. Women don’t want to date boring men.
- Be the purple cow – Walk into a field full of cows. They all look alike, right? NOW! Imagine in this field of white cows one is PURPLE. So when you leave the field, which one will you remember? All of them because none stood out. Instead of being the same black cow, become a purple cow. That means make your profile different from all the rest so that women remember you. You’re not the same as everyone else.
It’s up to you how you want women to perceive you online. Within 30 seconds of viewing your profile, a woman has already determined whether or not she’s interested in you. That’s why creating catchy headings and introductions are so important. If your headers aren’t catchy, it won’t even matter if the rest of the content is brilliant. She won’t read it. Women have short attention spans. If they don’t like what they see right away, they’ll move on to someone else.
Online Dating Profile Examples – EXACT Headlines and Descriptions We Used to Attract Women
The following are not just some random examples we threw together. These are ACTUAL headlines and descriptions we used on different dating sites. All of them received positive response from women. We even had women tell us our profile content was fun to read and the main thing that attracted us to them. Let’s first take a look at a couple of our catchy headings…
- “Sometimes nice guys DON’T finish last”
- “Life is a highway. I wanna ride it (with you) all night long!”
- Clickers Beware : tresspassers will be mocked!
- Change the world with me
- Just a click.. CLICK HERE NOW!!!!!!!!
Those got women to click on our profile. It peaked their interest. Next, we have to work to keep them interested by creating an appealing description. The description should simply say who you are and what you’re looking for. It should not be too long nor too short. One good sized paragraph is usually enough. Definitely no more than two. This one was our most successful online dating profile description…
- “I remember back in the day when online dating was seen as a place where total losers went to score dates. Funny how times have changed. Although I wasn’t a total loser back in the Stone Ages of online dating, I was an avid online dater. My reasoning was I knew it would blossom to the point that I wouldn’t feel like such an outcast. Call me Nostradomous. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Throughout the years of online dating, I’ve met and dated some great women. Sometimes things have worked out, sometimes they haven’t. But I refuse to give up until I find that special someone. That one girl that has her head on straight, loves me for who I am, and doesn’t mind dealing with the fact that I’m a total Fantasy Football nerd! Is that you?”